Welcome to Surrey's most exclusive Fly Fishing location
Situated in a pretty valley near Godstone in Surrey, Leigh Mill Fly Fishing Syndicate can easily be reached from neighbouring Kent and Sussex and from Greater London South too. The lake is lightly fished and tucked away on a well kept private estate where a high standard of conduct is expected from all.
Located just two miles from J6 on the M25 orbital near its interchange with the M23 and a short distance from where two "A" roads cross, getting to the waterside is easy. After a quick journey from home or workplace, Members approach by a private road to find a lovely setting, a place to relax, keep company with the wildlife and cast for trout.
The Syndicate has just 45 Members - few enough to visit as often as they like. They can stay all day from dawn until dusk. Mostly they'll have it all to themselves but can invite friends or family to share it now and then, just for the pleasure of it. If Leigh Mill with its superb facilities seems like the sort of trout fishery you'd want to belong to, please explore our other pages to discover more.
The Angling Trust has issued new advice with effect from 7th January 2021 that fishing will be permitted in the third national lockdown in England. This has also been confirmed by DEFRA:
“Cabinet Office have now officially confirmed that angling / fishing (incl. sea fishing off private boats, water sports) can be considered exercise and are hence permitted.”Therefore with immediate effect the lake will now be open for fishing. Please bear in mind these key points which will be reflected in the new Angling Trust guidelines which will be published shortly:
- This is a strictly limited resumption of LOCAL fishing and very different to how we have been allowed to operate since May.
- We are in a National Lockdown and this must be respected. The law requires a ‘reasonable excuse’ to leave your home or penalties will apply.
- The Government has recognised that fishing can be seen as exercise, which is expressly permitted under the lockdown rules, although outdoor recreation is not.
- Organised sporting gatherings are prohibited so no match fishing.
- The exercise is limited to once a day so no overnight fishing whatsoever.
- To remain within the law you should follow the Government’s guidance, and only fish locally within the district where you live. If you have no local fishing available then you will have to take your daily exercise in other ways.
Thank you and stay safe.